Did you know
10 facts about the Israeli microelectronics industry:
1. The Israeli microelectronics industry consists of the largest number of fabless companies after the US.
2. The Israeli microelectronics industry includes design centers of all the major IDMs including Intel, TI, IBM, Freescale, Broadcom, Cisco, Marvell etc.
3. The Israeli microelectronics industry includes several companies which are the first to adopt new design tools and new geometries (40nm and below)
4. The Israeli microelectronics industry is responsible for developing the most advanced micro processors, wireless technologies, DSP processors and flash technologies
5. All the latest Intel microprocessors including Pentium 3, Pentium 4, Centrino Chipset and the Core 2 duo series were developed in Israel
6. The World Economic Forum has designated Israel as one of the leading countries in the world in technological innovation.
7. The 2008 IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook ranked Israel No.1 for total expenditure on R&D, No. 1 for business expenditure on R&D and No. 1 for availability of qualified scientists and engineers.
8. The world's first nanowire (three times thinner than those used in microchips) was created at the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology.
9. A research team at the Technion has also discovered a new type of microelectronics called electronic peptides. These are organic semiconductors using proteins designed from scratch in the laboratory and has the potential to lead to lighter, cheaper and more flexible electronic devices.
10. Israel's economy is currently in a good shape and is supposed to suffer less from the current economic crisis relatively to most of the other countries in the western world.
All the above means that Israel's microelectronics industry represents a very attractive business opportunity which shouldn't be missed.
Join ChipEx2020 and meet a wide range of potential clients for your products and services.