Did U know?
10 facts about the Israeli high-tech industry
1. Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to its population in the world. Tel Aviv University and the Hebrew university are two of the teensy country's most famous universities.
2. Israel's engineers at Motorola Israel R&D center developed the original cell phone technology. You can thank these innovative Israelis for saying goodbye to landlines and for your sleek antenna-less, touch-screen smartphone that you can actually fit in your pocket.
3. Most of Windows NT's operating systems were developed by Microsoft Israel.
4. Israeli company Mirabilis is credited with developing the software for the original messaging program called ICQ in 1996 .
5. The Weizmann Institute of Science has been voted the best university in the world for life Scientists to conduct research by the Scientist magazine.
6. Israel has the largest amount of startups per capita and is third in the world for venture capital availability.
7. Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation: 109 per 10,00 people.
8. Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship - and the highest rate among women and among people over 55 in the world.
9. Outside of the United States and Canada Israel has the largest number of NASDAQ listed companies.
10. The popular lady's hair remover tool "The Epilator" was invented in Israel on Kibbutz Hagoshrim as well as one of the highest per capita rates of patents filed.