Did U know?
Some new and amazing facts about Israel's Innovation
1. The World Economic Forum’s 2016-2017 Global Competitiveness Report ranked Israel as the 2nd best place for innovation in the world after Switzerland.
2. A recent ranking of universities worldwide by MIT, found that Israel’s Technion-Israel Institute of Technology is #1 in the world among universities that support innovation.
3. In April 2017, the New York-based data firm CB Insights, issued a report that shows that Israel has the second highest concentration of cyber-defense companies in the world after the United States.
4. The report went on to state: “Israel’s unique capabilities in information, communication, mobile, and cyber technologies, together with more than 25 years of expertise in implementing health IT, electronic medical records, and business analytics, offers Israel the opportunity to become a truly influential player in the global digital health arena.”
5. Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to its population in the world. In addition, Israel has the highest concentration of engineers and the most scientists per capita than any other developed country. For every 10,000 employees, Israel boasts 140 scientists and technicians and 135 engineers.
6. Israel's engineers at Motorola Israel R&D center developed the original cell phone technology. You can thank these innovative Israelis for saying goodbye to landlines and for your sleek antenna-less, touch-screen smartphone that you can actually fit in your pocket.
7. The USB memory stick you just saved your assignment on was invented by the Israeli M-System company. (now part of Western Digital).
8. In the last ~40 years the development of Intel's most advanced processors are led by its facility in Haifa, Israel.
9. More than 300 of the largest multinational corporations have R&D centers is Israel, according to a report released recently by Israel’s Innovation Authority.
10. With the largest number of startups per capita in the world, Israel is home to 2,000 startups that were founded in the past decade; and another 3,000 small- and medium-size startup and high-tech companies.